Start your job search
Here at Bond Williams, we have an entire team dedicated to securing temporary roles for temporary candidates – from short-term administrative, customer service and sales roles to more specialist human resources, IT, accounting and finance positions.
Whether you’re looking for a temporary placement to tide you over between other commitments or while you find your ideal permanent role, temping can be a great solution.
In many cases, temporary roles can turn into permanent placements too and we work with hundreds of companies across a range of industries, so we’re confident we can find an appropriate role for you, and fast.
This page contains more information about how we work when it comes to temporary placements.
If you’re already registered with us or have recently secured an assignment through Bond Williams, you can access and complete your online timesheets here.
How temping with Bond Williams works (read our FAQs)
- When successfully registering with us for temporary work, you will be assigned a dedicated Account Manager to look after you.
- For any role assigned, you will be representing Bond Williams as well as yourself.
- You will be given a personal log in and link to complete your hours online and store your payslips and other relevant information.
- Our dedicated payroll team will ensure you are paid correctly and consistently every week and are available on a direct number to deal with any queries quickly and efficiently.
- A Temp Handbook is available on request.
- We will listen to your requirements and be honest if we do not have anything suitable at the time.
- We will work quickly and professionally and keep you updated with opportunities or progress of potential assignments.
- You will be fully briefed on any relevant roles and once assigned, we will provide you with all the necessary information to prepare you for your start date.
In return, we ask you to be open and honest with us:
- Discuss any issues or concerns about an assignment with us and we will endeavour to help.
- If you are unwell or you will be absent, you must call your Account Manager by 9am. This is so we can try to provide our clients with a replacement to avoid letting them down, or give them as much notice as possible of any unplanned absences.
- Give us as much notice as possible if there may be a reason that you cannot commit to the full length of an assignment – a minimum of 2 days is required.
- Always ensure your timesheet is signed by your manager and sent to us on time – this ensures you are paid promptly.
- Always send us an updated CV after completing an assignment so we can use this to secure your next temporary role.
Temp Work FAQs
- Passport or Driver’s Licence – for UK citizens only
- Visa – for non UK citizens only
- Registration / application form
- Two recent written references / reference details
- Qualification check (required for some professions i.e CIPD for Human Resources)
- National Insurance Number
- Bank Details
Without the following information, your Consultant may be unable to authorise your payment. Please ensure all information is provided to us before you send us your first timesheet:
Information we need to pay you:
- Bank Name, Account Holders Name, Sort Code & Account Number.
- Timesheets must be submitted online by 7pm each Friday and approved by 1pm the following Monday to ensure payments in your bank account the following Friday.
- The original copy of your P45 or a Starter Checklist.
If you do not have a P45, you must complete a Starter Checklist form. Your Temporary Consultant will provide this on request. If you do not supply either a P45 or Starter Checklist, your pay will be taxed at basic rate, this means you will miss out on your tax-free personal allowances. This will be updated once payroll receives your P45.
Payments are made weekly by BACS (bank transfer). Your timesheet must be submitted by Friday at 7pm. Your payslip will be available the following Thursday via Intime, our online timesheet system. Your bank account will be credited the following Friday.
Your timesheet will be available online. You should have received a web address, login and password prior to the start of your assignment. If you do not have this, please call your Temporary Consultant at Bond Williams on 01202 233777.
In your online account, your timesheet will be flagged as “approved” status once it has been processed. Please call your Temporary Consultant at Bond Williams on 01202 233777 for confirmation should you be worried.
Your payslip will be available the Thursday after your timesheet is submitted, via Intime, our online timesheet system. If you have any queries, call your Temporary Consultant at Bond Williams on 01202 233777 who will check everything for you.
Call your Temporary Consultant at Bond Williams on 01202 233777 in the first instance; you may also call Bond Williams Payroll on the same number.
We will only accept change of bank details in writing – Please send an email to your Temporary Consultant.
This will be stated on your payslip and will determine how much tax you will pay on your income. The tax code will be obtained from your P45 or by a P6 coding. If neither of these forms have been received by Bond Williams Payroll your pay will be calculated using a basic rate tax code (BR).
If you believe your tax code is incorrect or do not understand the figures on your payslip, please call Bond Williams Payroll on 01202 233777. You may need to contact HMRC directly to resolve any issues.
National Insurance is completely separate from tax and will therefore not affect your tax payments. To obtain a National Insurance number, please contact your local Job Centre Plus to arrange an appointment or visit the gov.uk website.
By law, every worker should get a minimum of 28 days paid holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), this is subject to change. As a temporary worker you accrue holiday on a pro-rata basis in accordance with the 28 day requirement.
Please check with Payroll on 01202 233777 for detailed information on specific criteria for SSP.
Bond Williams pay statutory maternity pay if you have been engaged with us in continuous service for 26 weeks up to and including the 15th week before the expected week of birth. You must give us 28 days’ notice and provide evidence of the pregnancy from your midwife.
After completing your assignment, you should request your P45 from your Temporary Consultant at Bond Williams via email or phone, and inform them of your actual leaving date. Your P45 will be sent the week following your request.