In order that we may provide a safe and secure user experience Bond Williams Professional Recruitment (the Company) is committed to protecting the privacy of candidates, clients, suppliers, staff and users of our website. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website, email or any other medium is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
Collection and use of personal data
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as an online job board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
Where you have provided personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) we will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
2. Legitimate interest, such as:
- ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites operate effectively;
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
3. Legal obligation
4. Contractual obligation.
The information we collect
Bond Williams may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV or completed application form. On occasions this may also include – sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin where provided by you. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to advise you of news and industry updates, direct-market products and services, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
- where you are registered as a candidate on our database, your personal information will be accessible to provide you with recruitment services and for the purposes of business development, systems development and testing.
- by Bond Williams to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you, including tailoring our website when you log on to make it relevant to you personally.
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (where required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Bond Williams;
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Bond Williams;
- we may also pass your personal information to, or allow access to such information by, Bond Williams payroll partners (where required for temporary work);
- if Bond Williams or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
- our website may also use a website recording service such as Google analytics which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, it is not shared with anybody else.
- We may pass Personal Data to third parties that help us to process Personal Data, to prospective or intended employers (or third parties assisting them in their recruitment process) or customers for the purpose of recruitment.
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants on email or via a third party online job board medium when applying for a job. Your CV will be stored in the Bond Williams database and will be accessible by Bond Williams recruitment consultants in the UK. This Bond Williams recruitment database, including the information relating to you, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address, or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
To subscribe to job alert emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe and opt-out links are provided in every job alert email that you receive. Job alerts can also be received via RSS feeds without having to provide your email address. Job alerts emails are sent by Bond Williams (or an outsourced partner software application to enable us/them to issue the relevant job e-mail alert to you).
Information about Bond Williams online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website, for example, which area users access most frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
The Company will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary. We consider the retention of candidate data to be relevant and of legitimate interest to both parties and therefore such data will be retained on file until such time consent is withdrawn. We also have a Health and Safety obligation to protect our workforce from rude and abusive behaviour for this reason we keep candidate data on file for as long as is necessary to record and monitor such past behaviour, interview and job/assignment performance.
We will undertake necessary steps to ensure that the data remains accurate and will contact you to verify the validity of the data we hold.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation. Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data or has a legitimate interest in doing so, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon request your personal data may be deleted at any time unless we are required by law to keep it on file for a defined period as above.
We will delete your personal data from our systems if we have not had any meaningful contact with you (or, where appropriate, the company you are working for or with) for four years (or for such longer period as we believe in good faith that the law or relevant regulators require us to preserve your data). After this period, it is likely your data will no longer be relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
For those whose services are provided via a third-party company or other entity, “meaningful contact” with you means meaningful contact with the company or entity which supplies your services. Where we are notified by such company or entity that it no longer has that relationship with you, we will retain your data for no longer than four years from that point or, if later, for the period of four years from the point we subsequently have meaningful contact directly with you.
When we refer to “meaningful contact”, we mean, for example, communication between us (either verbal or written), or where you are actively engaging with our online services. If you are a candidate, we will consider there to be meaningful contact with you if you submit your updated CV onto our website or to any of our consultants. We will also consider it meaningful contact if you communicate with us about potential roles, either by verbal or written communication or click through from any of our marketing communications. Your receipt, opening or reading of an email or other digital message from us will not count as meaningful contact – this will only occur in cases where you click-through or reply directly.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting the data protection officer at Bond Williams on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website – where data privacy practices may be different to that of Bond Williams. Visitors should consult the other websites’ privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Our database and associated software includes social media features, such as LinkedIn. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our database. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service if it is complex and time consuming to collate the data. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact our compliance manager on email@example.com. You also have the right to ask Bond Williams to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to seven years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Our software service providers employ reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal information they process. When the Services are accessed using Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 5.0 or higher, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects information using both server authentication and data encryption to help provide that personal information is safe and secure while in transit. The service providers also implement advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session identifications and host the Services in secure server environments that use firewall and other advanced technology to protect against interference or access from outside intruders. Finally, the service providers provide individual usernames and passwords that must be entered each time a customer logs on. These safeguards help protect against unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and provide for the appropriate use of personal information. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent (100%) secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Bond Williams’s online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our local office to speak to one of our representatives.
Bond Williams is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
If you have any enquires you can contact us at: email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Miss Laura Webb
Data Protection Officer
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment
Floor 3, Heliting House
35 Richmond Hill