Tax Assistant – Southampton – up to £28K (FT, PT, Remote)
Bond Williams Accounting and Finance are recruiting a Personal Tax Assistant for a long established accountancy firm based in Southampton. They specialise in providing tax and audit services as well as corporate finance and restructuring & recovery.
Working as part of an integrated Personal and Business Tax team, you would assist with the annual personal tax compliance work for a portfolio of clients and the key responsibilities would be:
Client compliance work
- Delivering high quality service to clients.
- Assist with running a client portfolio made up of individuals, partnership and trusts.
- Liaising with third parties and the clients to collate tax return information.
- Ensuring all tax compliance and administration is completed in respect of your client portfolio including the completion of annual tax returns and computations.
- Ensuring clients are notified of their tax liabilities in a timely manner.
- Drafting correspondence for a managers review.
Client planning work
- Answering client ad-hoc questions and enquiries in respect of the clients’ personal tax affairs.
- Reporting to managers within the department.
Yearly routine checks and compliance
- Ensuring procedures on the annual tax cycle are complied with for your client portfolio.
- Collating and maintaining client information.
- Client billing and time analysis.
- Assisting the department with tax administration projects as and when required.
You will need to have a strong academic background and have some current or very recent personal tax experience gained within professional practice. You are likely to be ATT qualified or working towards this but if you have good experience you will still be considered. Strong IT skills essential although training will be given on all systems used. Excellent working environment and benefit package.
Although this is a full time position, part time would be considered along with remote working.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency