Service Desk / Field Engineer – Ferndown – £25,000- £32,000
IT Service Desk / Field Engineer is required by a reputable national IT services business to work within their IT Helpdesk team and provide 2nd line support. This IT Service Desk / Field Engineer will also be a key field support person who will travel across to clients locations as and when installation or onsite support is required.
- Manage the Service desk ticket queue, ensuring tickets are dealt with within SLA, and assigning tickets to staff members when appropriate.
- Responsible for second-line technical support as needed, which may require site visits.
- Diagnosing and, where possible, resolving system faults (hardware and software), correcting user errors, and filling in gaps in users’ knowledge.
- Promote, assist, and educate users at to the best way to use of technology within the group
- To be on call for out of hours services 1 week each month.
IT knowledge and ability to support a wide range of software including:
· Active Directory Administration
· Office 365 Administration
· Working Knowledge of MS Azure
· Microsoft Office products Power Platform
· SharePoint Administration
· IT ticketing
· Microsoft Office 2016 / O365
· Ensure the security and confidentiality of the IT and communication systems
· Ability to travel to all group locations, within Dorset
· Ability to support a range of hardware including Switch’s / Firewalls / Routers / Printers / and Access Points
· Skills and experience in IT Support 1st and 2nd line.
Full UK driving license or realistic plan to obtain a driving license is essential (travel to other sites may be required occasionally)
Covid-19 & Remote Working
The business is currently operating a remote working policy, which is being reviewed on a regular basis. This may continue for the foreseeable future with non-office-essential individuals working full time remotely from home. However, some office visits will be required from time to time after lockdown restrictions are lifted. You will, therefore, need to live within a reasonable commutable distance of Bournemouth or be committed to relocating.
How to Apply:
Contact Charmaine Padfield [email protected] in Bournemouth to discuss this opportunity in further detail.
Keywords: IT Support, Technical Support, IT Helpdesk, Service Desk, 2nd Line Support, Hardware Support, Software Support, Networking, Telephony, Application Support, SQL, VOIP, Telecommunications.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency