Senior Software Engineer – C++ – Python – Physics
A new role has arisen for a Senior Software Engineer to join a rapidly expanding Oxford University start up, joining a growing team and working with some highly talented Engineers and Scientists.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and testing of a high-energy multiphysics simulator written in C++ with a Python front end. The software is used internally by the physics, data science, and engineering teams and the Senior Software Engineer will provide troubleshooting, bug fixing and support to these users.
There may also be opportunity to work with and support machine learning tools used by the department.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer will include:
- Developing and testing new features in the simulation codes.
- Addressing performance issues in the codes.
- Fixing bugs.
- Performing refactors.
- Maintaining and extending the C++/Python interface.
- Providing troubleshooting and support to users.
The ideal Senior Software Engineer will possess:
- Degree in physics, maths, engineering, software engineering, computer science or similar.
- Substantial commercial experience of developing in C++.
- Good Python knowledge.
- Familiarity with Linux systems.
- Fast and effective problem-solving skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The company are working on some extremely complex physics problems, that ultimately could change the world and this is a particularly exciting time to join the business as they step up their expansion plans in 2022. This is an on-site role, based just outside Oxford, and offers a highly competitive salary and benefits including flexible working hours and company shares.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency