Senior IT Technician – Cambridge £Competitive + Benefits
A Senior IT Support Technician is required to join a Cambridge based business.
The role of the Senior IT Support Technician is to lead their site from an IT support perspective and to provide guidance and leadership.
- A strong technical experience of 2nd line IT Support with a good understanding or keen interest in 3rd line operations.
- Good, practical understanding of networks and MS server technology.
- Experience / knowledge of Apple IPad deployment
- To actively develop skills and receive development advice, training and mentoring from more senior staff.
- To be responsible for developing their technical skills in each area of technology, under the guidance of the IT Operations Manager.
- To be the senior technical lead on IT Projects
- The technology base is the Microsoft platform so knowledge of Windows 10, Office 365 along with good hardware knowledge and troubleshooting skills are essential.
- Infrastructure technologies ; Microsoft Server Technologies (Server, IIS, MS SQL Server, MS Intune, Exchange, Office 365 and Teams), along with supporting systems (AD, DHCP and DNS) and desktop technologies.
- Network systems include Aruba switches, MS Virtualisation, cloud computing and wireless networks
Working hours between 8am-5.30pm for example / 8am to 4.30pm or 9am 5.30pm.
Whist the role will be mainly based at your designated site, occasional travel to provide cover/technical support to other sites should be expected
Salary is £33,000-£35,000 p.a. depending on your level of skills and experience.
Benefits include; pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays, and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Senior IT Technician vacancy, please submit your CV.
For further information, contact Charmaine Padfield on the IT recruitment team at Bond Williams in Bournemouth – [email protected]
Keywords: Technical Support Engineer, Senior IT Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Service Desk Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, Senior ICT Engineer.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency