Senior IT Support Engineer – Poole – 32,500 pa +Car Allowance
A Senior IT Support Engineer is required by a leading technology company in Poole, Dorset.
This position will involve a mix of predominantly onsite support at client sites (in and around the Poole area) and some remote desktop support from the company’s Poole-based office on occasions. This will be an exciting, varied role that will give you the opportunity to work with a wide range of IT solutions.
The company prides themselves on educating their staff; they provide exceptional personal development plans and company-funded certified qualifications, giving you the necessary tools and resources to progress in your career.
- Provide 1st-3rd line IT support onsite at client premises
- Work closely with the remote support team to resolve incidents in line with agreed service levels.
- Log and update tickets
- Liaise with other third-party providers to ensure all applications are maintained and incidents are resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain technical documentation to accurately reflect the current network setup
- Carry out ongoing maintenance of key systems to ensure they are secure and to avoid system failure or service disruption
- Set up new starters and leavers, including deployment of new desktop hardware
- Assess and evaluate requirements for additional desktop hardware
- Must have strong communication skills in a customer-facing environment, and be able to work autonomously
- Strong 2nd Line/3rd Line IT support experience in a similar position (preferably within an MSP/IT reseller although not essential)
- Must be eligible to obtain security clearance (current SC would be advantageous)
- Must have a full UK driving license and be willing to travel to client sites regularly (within Poole and surrounding area)
- Good knowledge and experience of the following technologies:
- Office 365 administration experience including exchange online and Azure active directory.
- Server administration and troubleshooting – Server 2012 upwards to include server issues, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Performance issues etc
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Troubleshooting hardware (desktops, printers)
- Investigation and troubleshooting of backup failures
- Knowledge of how to do basic network troubleshooting (switches/firewalls)
- Experience using a PSA Tool or call logging platform
Salary is up to around £32,500 p.a. (negotiable) depending on experience, plus approx. £5,000 p.a. car allowance, performance related bonus, incentives, and an outstanding personal development program. Benefits include 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays, pension, and a great social working environment.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV for the 2nd/3rd Line IT Support Engineer role. For further information, contact Michelle Turner on the IT recruitment team at Bond Williams in Bournemouth – [email protected]
Keywords: Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, Second Line Support, 3rd Line Support Engineer. Third Line Support, Managed Services Provider, MSP, IT Reseller, Technical Engineer, Technical Consultant, IT Engineer, Azure, Microsoft 365
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency