Senior IT Engineer – Christchurch – £45,000 p.a
An experienced IT Senior Engineer (Internal) is required by a national and award-winning business based in Christchurch, Dorset. This position will be varied and will involve in the design, implementations and support of the company’s internal business and customer facing software and hardware infrastructure.
The role will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the ICT infrastructure including High Availability, performance, capacity planning, maintenance, receiving and responding to alerts, systems backup and restore.
This is a technical role whereby the holder will be expected to resolve issues themselves as well as manage other team members to ensure that SLAs are met.
The IT Senior Engineer will have proven experience in the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Exchange 2013 – On premise
- Active Directory, Exchange,
- advanced networking
- Hardware Support
- Excellent communication skills in order to support both locally based and remote end users.
- Provide 3rd Line Support and maintain the corporate software systems, ensuring that immediate action is taken to fix system failures, as well as ensuring that the applications are kept to their highest patch/release version
- Administration of VMware 6.x, VEEAM, AD, WSUS, Group Policy, Exchange 2013, ESET AV, Deslock encryption and SonicWALL Firewalls
- Maintain and support Always On Architecture consisting of:
- ARR clusters,
- SQL Availability Groups,
- IIS clusters,
- Network Load Balancing,
- Windows Failover Clusters
- Maintain the telephone system, managing hunt groups, upgrades and replacement handsets, call recording
- Provide Support to the ICT Manager for projects and implementations and test new software and evaluate its benefits
- Ensure that Active Directory is correctly administered
- Ensure that the Asset Database is current and maintained.
- Resolve live incidents and features to ensure clients receive the highest levels of service
Required Essential Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of High Availability systems, clustering
- Microsoft SQL server clusters
- 3rd line support and Maintenance of Windows servers
- Exchange Administration
- IIS Administration
- AD/DNS/GPO Administration
- Advanced networking (VLAN’s, PVID’s, routing etc)
- SQL Server basic administration
- VMware 6.x or above
- A self-starter, driven person who will take ownership of assigned tasks and drive to completion
- Must hold a driver’s license and have access to a car
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is circa. £45,000 p.a. depending on experience, plus holiday and benefits.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV or contact Charmaine Padfield on the IT recruitment team at Bond Williams in Bournemouth – [email protected]
Keywords: IT Field Engineer, Infrastructure Consultant, 3rd Line Engineer, IT Consultant, Technical Engineer, Technical Consultant
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency