Senior Infrastructure Project Engineer – 45,000 pa + Car
A Senior Infrastructure Project Engineer is required by a leading technology company in Poole, Dorset.
This is an exciting, varied role that will give you the opportunity to work with a wide range of IT solutions. The position will be predominantly project based and will involve some travel to client sites to carry out project work, occasional onsite support, and client builds when required. Some overnight stays may also be required from time to time depending on the location of client sites.
The company prides themselves on educating their staff; they provide exceptional personal development plans and company-funded certified qualifications, giving you the necessary tools and resources to progress in your career.
- Complete infrastructure projects of varying lengths and sizes, adapting to the specific demands of each project
- Prepare endpoint hardware (laptops/desktops), either for shipping to clients or to ensure onsite installations are complete
- Plan and organise your own work effectively
- Document details of all hardware and software items that have been installed so that configuration management records can be updated
- Recognise any areas for upselling additional products whilst in attendance at client sites
- Must have a background working within a Managed Service Provider/IT Reseller environment
- Strong communication skills in a customer-facing environment, able to develop and maintain good relationships with Stakeholders, and be able to work autonomously
- Full UK driving license is essential
- Strong knowledge and experience of setting up, configuring, migrating, and supporting the following (or similar) technologies:
- Microsoft 365 (all core components plus experience with setting up the security features)
- Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and Windows 10.
- Virtualisation technologies (preferably VMware vSphere or similar)
- Backup technologies (preferably Veeam or similar)
- Deployment and configuration of anti-virus solutions.
- Firewalls (preferably WatchGuard or similar)
- Wireless technologies and key principles required to deploy and configure
- Key security principles and how these relate to the setup of infrastructure/software used within a project
- Networking configurations and technologies i.e., vlan configuration, layer-3 networking setup
- Public cloud technologies (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Any professional qualifications such as MCP, CCA, VCP, MCSA or similar, or a Microsoft qualification in Microsoft O365 or Azure would be advantageous
Salary is up to around £45,000 p.a. (this could be slightly negotiable for the right person) depending on experience, plus approx. £5,000 p.a. car allowance, performance related bonus, incentives, and an outstanding personal development program. Benefits include 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays, pension, and a great social working environment.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV for the Senior Infrastructure Project Engineer role. For further information, contact Michelle Turner on the IT recruitment team at Bond Williams in Bournemouth – [email protected]
Keywords: Senior Infrastructure Project Engineer, Senior Project Engineer, Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Third Line Support, Managed Services Provider, MSP, IT Reseller, Technical Engineer, Technical Consultant, IT Engineer, Azure, Microsoft 365
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency