Scientist – RNA Extraction – Sequencing – Oxford – £Competitive
We are looking for an experienced Scientist to join a rapidly growing biotech in Oxford, initially for a 3 to 6 month temporary contract, with excellent prospects to become longer term and possibly permanent in 2023.
The Scientist role will involve experimental design, offline assays, library preparation and sequencing in order to provide data and feedback to bioinformatic teams.
Scientist key responsibilities:
- Experimental design and implementation of testing improvements for RNA/DNA sequencing protocols and kits, including methodologies for cDNA, direct RNA and viral metagenomic sequencing.
- Extract and prepare nucleic acid for DNA and/or RNA sequencing.
- Generating sequencing data for downstream bioinformatic analysis
- Development and maintenance of specific benchmarking assays and protocols, including but not limited to; whole genome sequencing; transcriptome sequencing; barcoding; sequence capture/enrichment
The ideal Scientist:
- Sc Biology/Molecular Biology/biotechnology or related industry experience
- Detailed understanding of nucleic acid structure and function. A good grasp of DNA/RNA synthesis and associated cellular machinery.
- Experience of working with RNA and a good understanding of transcriptomics and/or viral genomics.
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing methods and library preparation.
- Enthusiastic and intelligent with good problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
There is a competitive hourly rate on offer and the chance to work with a well established team of highly talented Scientists in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency