Purchase Ledger Team Leader – Christchurch to £30K
Our client is a growing and highly successful, award-winning business and as a result of this continued growth pattern they are recruiting a Purchase Ledger Team Leader (Stock) to join their finance department.
Reporting to the Sales & Purchase Ledger Manager you will be overseeing a small team and key responsibilities will be:
- Managing and motivating direct reports, monitoring performance and providing support to team members on issues/escalations
- Weekly reporting to the Sales & Purchase Ledger Manager
- People management to include: 121, team meetings, appraisals, probations, motivation and monitoring performance, training new starters, monitoring lateness/sickness, assisting with hiring, maintaining a training matrix, recognise high performance and accomplishments
- Review non stock supplier reconciliations on a monthly basis ensuring queries are being resolved in a timely manner
- Monitoring of Stock Aged Creditors to identify risks
- Monitor surcharges and ensure in line with supplier agreements
- Ensure all evidence is provided to receive credit notes due
- Regular review of pro forma accounts
- Review stock supplier statement reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Monthly analysis of the purchases code
- Review of credit limits by supplier and liaising on requests to increase
- Liaise with merchandising team to understand buying patterns and consider impact of supplier account allocations
- Review processes and identify areas for improvement
- Authorise bank payments once approved
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate understanding of purchase ledger within a stock/retail environment, together with supervisory/leadership skills and excellent communication skills. Excellent English, a keen eye for detail and good IT skills especially Excel are also essential.
In return, flexible working hours and home working arrangements available. Stylish, comfortable offices, free parking, bike storage, fresh fruit, tea and coffee, informal dress code and dog friendly offices.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency