Presales Engineer / Technical Architect – Dorset
An Infrastructure Presales Engineer / Technical Architect with experience working as a Presales Engineer, Infrastructure Architect, or Project Engineer, is required by a leading technology company in Dorset.
This position will be varied and will give you the opportunity to work with a wide range of IT solutions. The company prides themselves on educating their staff; they provide exceptional personal development plans and company-funded certified qualifications, giving you the necessary tools and resources to carry out your role effectively and progress in your career.
This position will be a mix of project implementation and pre-sales. It is available on a remote working basis on days where you are not required to attend client sites.
- Act as the technical lead on highly complex or high priority projects
- Act as a technical escalation point for all members of the projects engineering team
- Assess and interpret customer requirements across a diverse customer base
- Take responsibility for supporting the sales team on larger/more complex infrastructure opportunities, as well as standard quotes (e.g. desktop hardware, connectivity etc)
- Collaborate with the sales team, prioritise efforts based on impact to team productivity and maximise profit
- Proactively scope the technical solutions required to address and meet customer needs
- Build and design comprehensive solution designs to meet customer requirements
- Write proposals and present solution designs to customers
- Document and organise work effectively
- Review and make recommendations to change the current product portfolio.
- Strong proven technical experience in a similar position (within an MSP/IT reseller advantageous)
- Strong Microsoft 365 skills (all core components plus experience with setting up the security features)
- Experience with public cloud technologies (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and Windows 10
- Good understanding of virtualisation technologies (preferably VMware vSphere or similar)
- Experience with common backup technologies (preferably Veeam or similar)
- Competent in deploying and configuring Anti-Virus solutions and Firewalls (preferably WatchGuard or similar)
- Experience of working with wireless technologies with an understanding of key deploy and configuration principles
- Understanding of key security principles
- Experience of Networking configurations and technologies i.e., vlan configuration and layer-3 networking setup
- Experience with enterprise storage solutions (preferably Netapp or similar)
Salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience, plus car allowance and performance related bonuses and incentives. There is also an outstanding personal development program and certifications available to support career progression. Benefits include 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays, pension, and a great social working environment.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV for the Infrastructure Presales Engineer / Technical Architect role. For further information, contact Michelle Turner on the IT recruitment team at Bond Williams in Bournemouth – [email protected]
Keywords: Presales Engineer, Infrastructure Architect, Project Engineer, MSP, Managed Service Provider, IT Reseller, Azure, Microsoft 365, Infrastructure Engineer, Solution Architect, Senior IT Engineer
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency