Payroll & Accounts Supervisor – Poole up to £35K – 12 month FTC
A Payroll & Accounts Supervisor is being recruited by our client in Poole to cover 12 months maternity leave. This is primarily taking responsibility for Payroll but also Supplier Payments.
Reporting to a Financial Accountant, you will oversee an HR/Payroll Assistant and have overall responsibility for accurate and timely submission of the monthly payroll including thorough review is conducted before sign off, assisting with any system or payroll issues, and production of P11Ds.
In addition, you will manage proforma payments to foreign suppliers and sending out remittance advices, produce proforma account reconciliations, deal with any queries, maintain a prepayments schedule, create payments listing for following month to aid cash flow, assist with month end P & L analysis, ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared, assisting with year end audit work and review monthly VAT deferments. You will also provide cover for another Supervisor for purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control, VAT and bank reconciliations but some training would be provided in aspects not familiar with.
* Good technical payroll knowledge and proven experience of managing and reviewing payroll data to tight deadlines is essential
* Knowledge of Time & Attendance systems is desirable
* Knowledge of transactional accounting processes including accruals and prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations is desirable
* Previous preparation of UK VAT would be desirable
* AAT part of fully qualified or Qualified by Experience
* Intermediate Excel
* Previous supervisory/management experience
* Good communications skills and the flexibility to work out of normal hours when necessary.
A modern working environment is offered together with hybrid working (3 office/2 home) after training period, discretionary bonus, 23 days holiday, parking.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency