IT Service Desk Engineer – Bournemouth – £25,000- £32,000
IT Service Desk Engineer is required by a reputable IT services business to work within their IT Helpdesk team and provide 2nd line support.
Duties to include;
- Manage the Service desk ticket queue, ensuring tickets are dealt with within SLA, and assigning tickets to staff members when appropriate.
- Responsible for second-line technical support as needed, which may require site visits.
- Diagnosing and, where possible, resolving system faults (hardware and software), correcting user errors, and filling in gaps in users’ knowledge.
- Promote, assist, and educate users at to the best way to use of technology within the group
Technical Skills required;
- Minimum of 1 years proven experience working in an IT service desk role.
- Experience of working for a Managed Service Provider
- Thorough knowledge of current IT technology including (but not limited to):
- Windows Server 2003 – 2019
- Windows Desktop OS
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Azure fundamentals
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365 (including intune)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV, VMware, Azure)
- LAN/WAN/VPN (routers, switches, firewall)
- Backup technologies (experience of using Veeam is desirable)
Covid-19 & Remote Working
The business is currently operating a remote working policy, which is being reviewed on a regular basis. This may continue for the foreseeable future with non-office-essential individuals working full time remotely from home. However, some office visits will be required from time to time after lockdown restrictions are lifted. You will, therefore, need to live within a reasonable commutable distance of Bournemouth or be committed to relocating.
How to Apply:
Contact Charmaine Padfield [email protected] in Bournemouth to discuss this opportunity in further detail.
Keywords: IT Support, Technical Support, IT Helpdesk, Service Desk, 2nd Line Support, Hardware Support, Software Support, Server, Exchange, O365, Networking.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency