Inside Sales Specialist – Life Science – up to £35,000 DOE
Our client, a leading nationwide company are currently looking to recruit an Inside Sales Specialist to join their life science division on a permanent basis.
The Inside Sales Specialist will utilise call planning, pipeline management, lead creation and qualification, proactive sales calling and performance monitoring to drive the business and achieve the set sales targets
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Conduct sales calls using agreed methodologies This will largely be by telephone/other virtual platforms but will also involve some face to face meetings.
- Generate and qualify leads (from internal and external sources); in some instances (for Service and Consumables business) you will actively convert these into live opportunities and generate quotations/proposals as necessary; It will also be your role to then engage in technical discussions and pricing negotiations in order to successfully close this business. For leads generated for hardware, these are generally passed on to the relevant Field Sales Specialist for them to work on.
- Manage and report on a pre-defined plan of action for your given area of responsibility
- Manage and report on your opportunity pipeline in order to provide business forecasts against set quarterly and annual performance targets.
- Participate in relevant training’s – product, market/competition, sales skills, (IT) tools & systems.
- Comply with guidelines surrounding company systems and other relevant procedures/policies
- Understand your customers’ businesses, their needs & goals and use this information to identify potential new business opportunities and develop the existing business
- Develop strong relationships with appropriate key decision makers within organisations.
- Research and gain a deep understanding of the market, industry developments and competitor activities on your territory
- Collaborate with colleagues from other business areas
Education: Scientific degree and/or industry/sales experience.
Experience: Some sales experience preferably within a similar industry. This could include internal sales experience or work in some form of commercial role.
Laboratory experience and/or relevant technical knowledge specific to the role.
Able to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
Strong self-motivation, able to prioritise, strong organisational and time management skills.
Strong Interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to produce and interpret sales data in various formats
This role is predominately home based however you will need to be able to get to Poole or Oxford and travel, with the occasional visit to clients.
The salary is between £35-45k dependant on experience.
If you are interested in the Inside Sales Specialist role or would like more information, please apply online or contact [email protected]
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency