Infrastructure IT Support Engineer – Poole – 28-32,000 p.a.
An Infrastructure Support Engineer is required by a leading technology company in Poole, Dorset.
This position will be varied and will give you the opportunity to work with a wide range of IT solutions. The company prides themselves on educating their staff; they provide exceptional personal development plans and company-funded certified qualifications, giving you the necessary tools and resources to progress in your career.
- Communicate via telephone to log, manage and resolve 1st and 2nd line support calls generated from customers or projects team
- Occasional internal project work or onsite support visits
- Work with helpdesk to investigate a broad range of issues and other requests for support to determine appropriate actions to undertake
- Document all support calls and issues, and details of all hardware and software items that have been installed
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues where required
- Monitor the progress of requests for support and take corrective action to avoid or minimise delays for clients
- Ensure the client’s core infrastructure is monitored and maintained to a high quality with specific reference to availability, performance, security and operability. This will cover servers, networks, firewalls, routers, switches, storage and telecoms
- Undertake regular technical systems reviews and health checks to ensure that technology is operating effectively and fit for purpose
- Strong 2nd Line Infrastructure Support experience in a similar position (preferably within an MSP/IT reseller although not essential)
- Outstanding Office 365 administration experience including exchange online and Azure active directory
- Server administration and troubleshooting – Server 2012 upwards to include server issues, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Performance issues
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Strong desktop support skills (Office suite, anti-virus etc.)
- Solid understanding of key networking principles and ability to troubleshoot networking related issues
- Any additional experience of the following would be advantageous: Firewall administration, virtualisation administration including VMware and Hyper-V, backup technologies, N-Able remote monitoring or similar, any professional qualifications such as AZ-900, MCP, VCP, MCSA, MS-900
Salary is up to around £28,000 p.a. (negotiable up to £32K for senior level) depending on experience, plus performance related bonus, incentives, and an outstanding personal development program. Benefits include 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays, pension, and a great social working environment.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV for the Infrastructure IT Support Engineer role. For further information, contact Michelle Turner on the IT recruitment team at Bond Williams in Bournemouth – [email protected]
Keywords: Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, Second Line Support, Managed Services Provider, MSP, IT Reseller, Technical Engineer, Technical Consultant, IT Engineer, Azure, Microsoft 365, 3rd Line Support Engineer
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency