Health and Safety Officer – Oxford – £40,000
A new role for a dynamic Health and Safety Officer has been created to work in a physics laboratory based just outside of Oxford. This is a challenging and responsible role, designed to maintain and improve health, safety and wellbeing standards across the whole organisation.
The role could suit someone with a background working in a research laboratory, as a Technician or similar, whose role encompasses health and safety, and ideally holds the a NEBOSH General Certificate.
Responsibilities of Health and Safety Officer include:
- Working with key members of the technical team to identify hazards and plan the best methods to safely and effectively progress business activities
- Maintaining H&S management system and promote health and safety culture throughout the company
- Participating in periodic H&S meetings and holding toolbox talks with scientists and engineers
- Drafting risk assessments, COSHH forms and other documentation
- Undertaking routine inspections and helping to solve detected issues
- Investigating recorded incidents to ensure that causes are identified
- Managing all procurement requirements in relation to health and safety
The ideal Health and Safety Officer will have:
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant health and safety role and an interest to build a career in health and safety
- Proactive and solutions-oriented attitude
- Practical experience of writing risk assessments and COSHH forms
- Practical experience of undertaking routine workplace inspections
This is a great opportunity offering the chance to work with at the very cutting edge of technology, with an attractive salary and benefits package on offer.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency