Finance Manager – Blandford – To £47K + Good Bens
Bond Williams Accounting and Finance are recruiting a Finance Manager for a well established and successful organisation based in Blandford.
This is a new position reporting to and working closely with the Finance Director as well as a small finance team and you will deputise for the Finance Director in his absence and attend board meetings on occasions to present financials.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the transformation of the finance function to a business partnering model to enhance the service of the department to the wider business which will include improving service levels internally and externally.
- Assisting the FD with the development and implementation of improved planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Assisting with increasing the creditability of the finance function that contributes towards a financial and commercial strategy.
- Advising on legislative and other changes relevant to the finance function and ensuring internal controls and procedures are in place through review and audit and promote ways to improve efficiency.
- Assisting with the development of commercial propositions to maximise revenue through close analysis.
- Development of cost centre hierarchy.
- Preparing and presenting timely financial information.
- Preparing annual statutory accounts, annual returns and liaising with external auditors.
- Overseeing the setting of annual budgets and preparing analysis of various scenarios through financial modelling.
- Delivering against KPIs and preparing reports and data showing performance against targets/budgets.
- Undertaking and assisting with one-off and ongoing projects as required.
- Understanding the key functions with the finance department and the willingness to support when needed.
- Maintain personal professional development including up to date knowledge of accounting standards and trends that could affect the organisation.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will need to be formally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a strong commercial accounting background or from practice where you have worked with larger businesses and the ability to translate and communicate financial information succinctly. Very strong Excel skills and experience of working with cloud-based accounting packages is essential. You will also need to have good communication and analytical skills as well as the professional gravitas for someone at this level.
A first class working environment is offered, 5 weeks holiday, parking, private health and other attractive benefits.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency