Design Engineer – Up to 50k – Oxfordshire
A Design Engineer is required to join a business spun out from the University of Oxford. As a Design Engineer based in Oxfordshire, you will work within the team using your knowledge to carry out modelling and designing complex components that need to be manufactured to high level of precision and work within extreme environments.
As a Design Engineer your responsibilities include:
- Run simulations to understand in depth the physical processes.
- Use Python and other tools to analyse results and identify trends.
- Provide specialist technical support and training, aiding other scientists.
- Assist with the modelling and design of experiments in our lab.
- Use hydrodynamic and magneto-hydrodynamic codes to invent new components and develop current ones, aiming to achieve the highest possible yields.
- Provide feedback to improve our code and help identify bugs.
Essential experience required:
- Masters Degree or PhD in Engineering, Physics, or another relevant subject.
- 3+ years industry experience or PhD in a relevant subject.
- Proven track record using simulation tools to develop difficult-to-design components or systems that operate in complex engineering. environments.
- Experience of design optimisation constrained by real-world manufacturing issues.
- Good Python programming skills.
- Experience working on inertial confinement or fluid dynamics.
- Appreciation of the numerical methods used in hydrodynamics codes.
- Experience with machine learning and other advanced optimisation methods.
In return you will receive excellent company benefits and to work within a business supporting sustainable energy throughout the World.
To find out more, please email [email protected] or call 01865 546046.
Keywords: Physics; Python; Research; Development; Modelling
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency