Demand Planner – Southampton – £22,000
Or client is looking for a Demand Planner to join the busy supply chain team on a fixed term contract. The main aspect of the role is demand management for all products for forecasting and non-forecasting customers.
The successful Demand Planner requires previous demand planning experience, in order to effectively adjust to the demands of the role.
- Manage forecast & orders with customer, sales team and Demand Planners to ensure right product, right time.
- Regular communication to understand local variances, sales trends and promotions/deals which will impact future demand.
- Work with Product Manager to manage combined forecast for a product category, ensuring overall forecast is in line with company targets.
- Primary interface between global supply planning and customers
- Input into forecast meetings with Senior Managers & Product Managers. Reviewing recommended sales forecast and inventory goals in line with targets
- Monitor sales vs forecast for all customers and Offices on all products.
- Challenge over/under sales patterns and suggest/implement forecast changes as required.
- Work with internal departments to ensure correct dating of orders to avoid unnecessary past-due orders and to manage customer expectations.
- Review inventory reduction recommendations from Inventory Manager and communicate as necessary, report back to team on action to be taken.
- Work with Global Supply Chain on production priorities and requirements and dealing with allocations on arrival of goods.
- Raise purchase orders to ensure supply of third-party materials
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Flexible and can work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Forecasting experience desirable.
The working hours for this role are Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm. Please note, this role is a fixed term contract for 15 months.
For more information on this role, please send your CV to [email protected] or alternatively you can apply online.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency