Cost Accountant – Poole – to £40K
Bond Williams Accounting and Finance are recruiting a Cost Accountant for a large manufacturing client based in Poole.
Reporting to and working closely with the Management Accountant you would have responsibility for creation of manufacturing routings, including entry of direct labour standard values, calculation of direct labour recovery rates, review of new product costings, monthly production and purchase price variance analysis. Other responsibilities include:
* Costing of new and existing bills of materials and routings for all products.
* Management of the company’s standard costing system
* Liaising with production managers to establish direct labour standard minute values.
* Ensuring all month end inventory valuations are costed correctly.
* Provide support to product management through issue of costed BOMs
* Management of annual material standards review
* Identification and analysis of production variances
* Maintain and control the principles of standard costing
* Support all make v. buy decisions from a financial perspective
You will need to be min part qualified CIMA or ACCA with practical experience/knowledge of the costing process within a manufacturing or engineering environment, experience of MRP/ERP systems and intermediate/advanced level Excel skills. You will also need to understand method of BOMs, the analysis of works orders and the ability to communicate easily with people across different disciplines.
Salary is attractive and market rate, together with a good working environment, 23 days holiday, private healthcare, bonus, parking.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency