Back End Engineer – Dorset – £35,000- £45,000
Back End Engineer required for a growing business based in Dorset.
As a Back-End Engineer you will be responsible for the structure of server-side information, writing server scripts and API’s to be utilised by Front- End Engineers and Full Stack Developers.
A degree or relevant industry experience in Computer Science, Network Technologies or a similar field is required along with strong back end coding experience. An understanding of front-end tech would be desirable.
· Design and development of software
· Assessing the efficiency and speed of current applications
· Writing high-quality code
· Creating servers and databases for the back end of the software
· Ensuring cross-platform compatibility and optimisation
· Testing and debugging software to keep it optimised
· Developing APIs and RESTful services
Education, Skills & Experience
Essential to have experience with most or all of the following skills:
· REST API’s
· Proven work experience as Back-end developer
Experience with some or all of the following skills:
· CDCI Development
· Unit testing
· Agile working
· Git, Jenkins, JIRA
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency