Audit Senior/Assistant Manager – Poole – £32-40K + Bens
Bond Williams Accounting and Finance are recruiting a top calibre Audit Senior/Assistant Manager for an international audit, tax and advisory firm based in Poole.
As an Audit Senior/Assistant Manager you will lead and take ownership of multiple audits and responsibility for working closely with clients but also overseeing and developing junior staff. Specifically your responsibilities will be:
* Assisting and advising the audit team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
* Managing and controlling audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales
* Acting as a point of contact for engagement leads and clients, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
* Draft the audit opinion summary for the Manager and Partner and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
* Leading and supervising an audit team, allocating work to team members and ensuring the team complete work to quality standards and in a timely manner.
* Providing on-the-job training to audit assistants and seniors.
* Providing constructive feedback for the completion of team member performance appraisals.
* Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
* Ensuring clients are billed according to agreed billing plans.
* Assisting with business development by working with audit colleagues and colleagues in other service lines.
* Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
* Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm’s policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
You need to have experience of leading audits from planning to completion, ideally for privately owned businesses, and be part or fully qualified (ACA/CA/ACCA) or equivalent. You will also need up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP/FRS102 and IFRS, experience of managing and coaching trainees and good written and verbal communication skills.
In return you will be working in an excellent environment within a like-minded professional peer group for a highly respected firm offering good benefits including 25 days holiday and option to buy up to 10 days more, pension, flexible benefits, preferential discounts and good career prospects.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency