Accounts Supervisor – Poole – £Negotiable
An Accounts Supervisor is being recruited for a large, well established manufacturing business based in Poole. This is a great opportunity for someone with supervisory experience and good transactional experience.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, you will have line management responsibility for staff dealing with all transactional aspects of accounts: sales ledger, credit control, purchase ledger.
You will have overall responsibility to ensure closure of purchase ledger at month end, ensure debts are being collected in a timely manner and provide support and guidance for the team. In addition you will complete monthly VAT returns including German VAT and Instrastat returns, deal with accruals and prepayments, assist with year end audit work and work closely with the Financial and Management Accountants to ensure completion of other month end tasks e.g. payroll and overhead costs analysis, variances etc. Some flexibility will be required at month end to ensure deadlines are met.
- You will need to have had previous experience of managing a team
- Good understanding of transactional processes: sales and purchase ledger, and credit control within a high volume and busy environment
- Experience of preparing VAT returns (including ideally foreign VAT ideally)
- Month end procedures
- Strong Excel is essential, knowledge of Netsuite or other ERP systems would be an advantage
- AAT part or fully qualified or Qualified By Experience
Modern offices, parking, 35 hour week, 23 days holiday, private health scheme and discretionary bonus. The salary is somewhat flexible and is dependent on experience. Some remote working currently being operated but ultimately this role would be office based.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency