Accounts Manager – Poole – up to £30K + Bens
Bond Williams Accounting and Finance are recruiting an Accounts Manager for a large, well established manufacturing business based in Poole.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, you will have line management responsibility for staff dealing with sales ledger, credit control, purchase ledger and payroll.
You will have overall responsibility to ensure closure of purchase ledger at month end, ensure debts are being collected in a timely manner, manage the payroll process and ensure the month end deadlines are met, provide support for queries in all these areas. In addition you will complete monthly VAT returns including German VAT and Instrastat returns, deal with accruals and prepayments, assist with year end audit work and work closely with the Financial and Management Accountants to ensure completion of other month end tasks e.g. payroll and overhead costs analysis, variances etc. Some flexibility will be required at month end to ensure deadlines are met.
- You will need to have had previous experience of managing a team
- Good understanding of transactional processes: sales and purchase ledger, credit control and technical knowledge of payroll/time and attendance to be able to review and support
- Experience of preparing VAT returns (including ideally foreign VAT)
- Month end procedures
- Strong Excel is essential, knowledge of Netsuite or other ERP systems would be an advantage
- AAT part or fully qualified or Qualified By Experience
A very modern working environment is offered, parking, 35 hour week, 23 days holiday, private health scheme and discretionary bonus.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency