Q: What information and documentation must I provide for Temp work?

Without the following information, your Consultant may be unable to authorise your payment. Please ensure all information is provided to us before you send us your first timesheet:

  • Passport or Driver’s Licence – for UK citizens only
  • Visa – for non UK citizens only
  • Registration / application form
  • Two recent written references / reference details
  • Qualification check (required for some professions i.e CIPD for Human Resources)
  • National Insurance Number
  • Bank Details


Information we need to pay you:

  • Bank Name, Account Holders Name, Sort Code & Account Number.
  • Timesheets must be submitted online by 7pm each Friday and approved by 1pm the following Monday to ensure payments in your bank account the following Friday.
  • The original copy of your P45 or a Starter Checklist.


If you do not have a P45?

If you do not have a P45, you must complete a Starter Checklist form. Your Temporary Consultant will provide this on request. If you do not supply either a P45 or Starter Checklist, your pay will be taxed at basic rate, this means you will miss out on your tax-free personal allowances. This will be updated once payroll receives your P45.


Q: How and when do I get paid?

A: Payments are made weekly by BACS (bank transfer). Your timesheet must be submitted by Friday at 7pm. Your payslip will be available the following Thursday via Intime, our online timesheet system. Your bank account will be credited the following Friday.


Q: How do I obtain a timesheet?

A: Your timesheet will be available online. You should have received a web address, login and password prior to the start of your assignment. If you do not have this, please call your Temporary Consultant at Bond Williams on 01202 233777.


Q: How do I know if my timesheet has been received and processed?

A: In your online account, your timesheet will be flagged as “approved” status once it has been processed. Please call your Temporary Consultant at Bond Williams on 01202 233777 for confirmation should you be worried.


Q: How do I receive my payslips?

A: Your payslip will be available the Thursday after your timesheet is submitted, via Intime, our online timesheet system. If you have any queries, call your Temporary Consultant at Bond Williams on 01202 233777 who will check everything for you.


Q: I have a query on my pay, how do I resolve it?

A: Call your Temporary Consultant at Bond Williams on 01202 233777 in the first instance; you may also call Bond Williams Payroll on the same number.


Q: How do I change my bank details?

A: We will only accept change of bank details in writing – Please send an email to your Temporary Consultant.


Q: How do I know what my tax code is?

A: This will be stated on your payslip and will determine how much tax you will pay on your income. The tax code will be obtained from your P45 or by a P6 coding. If neither of these forms have been received by Bond Williams Payroll your pay will be calculated using a basic rate tax code (BR).


Q: What do I do if I think I have paid too much tax?

A: If you believe your tax code is incorrect or do not understand the figures on your payslip, please call Bond Williams Payroll on 01202 233777. You may need to contact HMRC directly to resolve any issues.


Q: I do not know my National Insurance number, will this affect my tax?

National Insurance is completely separate from tax and will therefore not affect your tax payments. To obtain a National Insurance number, please contact your local Job Centre Plus to arrange an appointment or visit the gov.uk website.


Q: Will I get paid holiday?

A: By law, every worker should get a minimum of 28 days paid holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), this is subject to change. As a temporary worker you accrue holiday on a pro-rata basis in accordance with the 28 day requirement.


Q: Do I get paid if I am sick?

A: Please check with Payroll on 01202 233777 for detailed information on specific criteria for SSP.


Q: Can I get paid maternity leave?

A: Bond Williams pay statutory maternity pay if you have been engaged with us in continuous service for 26 weeks up to and including the 15th week before the expected week of birth. You must give us 28 days’ notice and provide evidence of the pregnancy from your midwife.


Q: How do I request a P45?

A: After completing your assignment, you should request your P45 from your Temporary Consultant at Bond Williams via email or phone, and inform them of your actual leaving date. Your P45 will be sent the week following your request.

I have found my experience with Bond Williams Recruitment to be a smooth, prompt and professional process.  We are extremely impressed with the standard of service, especially the high calibre of candidates. You really listened to our requirements and most importantly, delivered.  I would happily recommend you to any employer wanting to find ‘the right’ member of staff.

Keep in touch